WELCA (Women of the ELCA)
Led By: Susan Tjosvold
Contact Email: WELCA@GraceLutheranTX.org
Leadership Team: Susan Tjosvold, Kathy Doyle, Bev Wells, Theresa Ward, Cindy Nietubicz
Every confirmed female woman of an ELCA church is a member of WELCA. WELCA supports not only the national and international missions of the church but also supports their individual communities. WELCA is a women's ministry for women of all ages to share God's grace and build friendships. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- knitting baby blankets and hats for hospitals. Lutheran World Relief, and our baptized babies
- sewing quilts that are sent to Lutheran World Relief
- organizing an annual drive for Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan’s Purse)
- having fun – for example: going to museums and art exhibits as a group
- fundraisers for charity, WELCA operations, and needs of the church
- coordinating restaurants for ladies night out
- monthly Bible Studies
- informational general meetings 3 times a year with lunch after the 2nd service
The WELCA group here at Grace is a vibrant group of all ages. Some women attend every activity offered, some may only attend once a year, regardless everyone is welcome and we encourage giving your time and talents as you are able.
WELCA EVENT SCHEDULE
Please check the calendar for recent updates to scheduled events.
- Quilting –10 AM on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month at Grace
- Evening Knitting/Crochet Group –7:00PM – 2nd Monday of the month at Grace
- Afternoon Knitting/Crochet Group – 2 PM – 3rd Wednesday of the month at Judy Gruber’s home!
- Bible Study from Gather magazine – 9 AM – 3rd Saturday at Grace. We always have extra copies!
To view the complete WELCA activities calendar
for the current month, click here
Check out the free Women of the ELCA daily devotional app: Daily Grace. Available for Android and IPhone. http://www.womenoftheelca.org/