Led By: Jeanne Witte
Contact Email: DiscipleLife@GraceLutheranTX.org
The Disciple Life team exists to create a welcoming environment at Grace Lutheran Church as we reach out and serve our community, locally, nationally and globally in mission and ministry.
The Disciple Life Committee trains Greeters, Ushers, and Welcome Center hosts. We also prepare visitor packs, welcoming guests with a gift bag of small gifts and information about Grace Lutheran Church; and new member packets, welcoming new members with bread, flowers, mugs, and information on Grace Lutheran Church ministries. We sponsor monthly trash pickups along Hebron Parkway to keep Carrollton beautiful. We contact Grace Lutheran Church members who haven’t attended church service to see if they have prayer concerns, need a Pastoral call, are ill, or need a ride to church.
The Disciple Life team also sponsors a wide variety of fellowship events, such as:
- Personal Sacrifice Projects – placing weekly communications in Grace e-Notes on how to care for God’s world, people, pets, and nature
- College/Servicemen Ministry – sending cards and gifts to the away-from-home students and servicemen twice a year to remind them that their Grace Lutheran family is thinking of them and praying for them
- Blood Drives – making arrangements that allow congregants to give blood several times a year in Grace Lutheran Church parking lot during or after worship service
- Camping Ministry – inviting the congregation to camp overnight twice a year, including a potluck meal and worship service before breaking camp
- Christmas Gift Tree for the Metrocrest – asking the congregation to purchase toys and gifts for needy families in the community
- Bunco and Pokeno game nights
- Lenten Sacrifice Encouragements—paragraphs in the weekly Grace notes for thoughts and consideration
- Scouting – Grace Lutheran opens their facilities to several Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops
See the calendar for dates and times of upcoming events.