|The Disciple Life Committee supports and helps organize the Grace Comfort Callers. The committee will also contact the volunteers and organize 1 or 2 meetings to start the program. Pastor provided each Comfort Caller a booklet to help with visits.
Here are a few suggestions/ideas on how you can help a homebound member:
The sign-up sheet will be in the Welcome Center. If you have further questions, please contact Jeanne Witte.
- Send a card to your homebound member for each holiday and on their birthday.
- Drop off or mail the church bulleting for them to read each week.
- Ask them if they would like to a prayer Warrior (Prayer Chain)
- Take the "Portals of Prayer" booklets to them each quarter
- Eat lunch/dessert with them by taking pizzas, sub sandwiches, fried chicken, ice cream, cookies, or whatever they like!
- Call them every other week to check if they need anything or if you can visit
- Youth could visit each houmebound member during The Grace Comfort Callers organize this event. Take homemade cards, cookies, balloons or make crafts together.