|Our Blood Drive will be held on Sunday, March 3rd from 8:30am - 11:30am.
Sign-up at the Church Welcome Center. Walk-ins are welcome and bring a friend.
All donors must present a valid photo ID at the time of donation. IDs must be issued by state (DL or ID), school or U.S. government (passport, military ID, resident alien ID, green card or work visa).
The blood you donate can be used for the following:
- Age: At least 16 years of age and in good general health. Sixteen-year-olds must have written parental consent. There is no upper age limit.
- Weight: Minimum of 110 pounds.
- Eating: Eat a low-fat meal within two to four hours before giving.
- Drinking: Drink lots of water or juice before and after donating. Avoid alcoholic beverages for 12 hours before and after donating.
- Strenuous activity: Avoid for 12 hours after donating. Individuals with a hazardous or strenuous job should donate at the end of their work shift.
For more information, please contact Jeanne Witte
- Red blood cells can be used to help accident victims, surgical patients and people with anemia.
- Platelets can be used by patients receiving treatment for leukemia and cancer, those undergoing surgery and others with low-platelet conditions.
- Plasma is effective in treating patients suffering from burns, trauma, certain blood disorders, and a variety of other conditions.